Thursday, November 8, 2007

SELF - ASSESMENT OF ONLINE LISTENING TO PODCAST

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/first-aid-advice.aspx

Heart attacks and shock

http://historyonair.com

Byzantine Empire

I have listened two podcasts. The main purpose of this task was to improve my listening skills and to prepare for my listening exam.

The first podcast was about heart attacks: how to recognize it and to help. Another podcast was about Byzantine Empire. Here I found many interesting facts and I had an opportunity to remember the history.

In spite of fact, that podcasts were very interesting, it was rather difficult to understand (it was not so easy to listen native speakers) especially about the Byzantine Empire. I had to listen it three times.

The pronunciation was not so clear in both podcasts. I realized that there is a need to improve my vocabulary, because I had to search the meaning of many words in a dictionary.

There were no interferences, so I did not have to listen absolutely intensely.

In my opinion I should need more listening practice. I can improve my listening skills by listening to various podcasts as often as possible, watching English movies and other English TV programs. It could help to expand my vocabulary margins.

No comments: